” http://ow.ly/Utje30jZ9tk Unidos da Filadelfia is a community based samba school that is modeled after the Carnaval Parade Organizations of Rio de Janeiro and Salvador da Bahia, Brazil. But you may have also seen “”their dedicated instructor and several of their former members on stage during one of the many amazing Carnavale productions that Phillybloco host throughout the city.
For this year we wanted to start the Clark Park Music & Arts Festival with something completely different! And after discussing the possibilities with Unidos da Filadelfia, we were loving the prospects of batucada, samba, reggae, xote, and other rhythm variations that these amazing percussionists would bring to the dog bowl. And we are pleased to officially announce that this year’s Clark Park Fest will begin with one big drum procession!”
We are delighted to have Wildlife Rehabilitation Support of Pennsylvania (WRSPA) as a non profit at our festival this year. WRSPA is dedicated to helping wildlife rehabilitators throughout the state of Pennsylvania through charitable giving and public education. Currently they are providing support to the recently-opened Philadelphia Metro Wildlife Clinic (PMWC), located in King of Prussia. PMWC is the only wildlife hospital in the Philadelphia region. Visit them at this year’s festival and learn how you can make a difference. http://ow.ly/7toy30jZ9id http://ow.ly/i/FlIy2
Come out to buy some of the best vintage clothing and accessories from Velvet Castle Vintage. From throw back 90s jean jackets to 60s floral shirts VCV has it all. Velvet Castle Vintage has something for everyone from Men to Women and kids. Check them out on June 16th at our festival and walk home with some great fashionable throwbacks to start your summer off in style. http://ow.ly/fUFJ30jZ8R5 http://ow.ly/i/FlIkv
Its finally here! The Summer Solstice Festival will start at 11am on Saturday, June 25th. Dont miss out! RSVP on the facebook and tell your friends!
Clark Park Festivals is seeking a vendor coordinator for our upcoming summer festivals. Clark Park Music and Arts community has been putting on festivals in Clark Park in West Philadelphia for 40 years. The Festival traditionally happens on the Saturday closest to the Summer Solstice and Fall Equinox annually. The festival is time to celebrate West Philly generally and includes both rock and non-rock acts, kids activities, arts and crafts and vendors. Our Summer Solstice Festival is scheduled for Saturday, June 25th. We are actively seeking a vendor coordinator with the following responsibilities and qualifications.
- Work closely with the Clark Park Festival Management Team (Director, Outreach coordinator) to coordinate Vendors (street food and craft vendors) for the Festival.
- Manage vendor recruitment and outreach as needed, via phone and email.
- Coordinate all vendor logistical information and manage all vendor permits, licenses, contracts, insurance, fees and special requests.
- Answer phones, questions, and manage all correspondence with ERF vendors
- Coordinate on-site logistics, vendor load-in/load-out and vendor check out on June 25th, 2016 at Clark Park
- Report to directly to Director.
- Delegate tasks to Vendor/Program Interns as needed.
- Work with Outreach coordinator to integrate weekly social media that highlight on all of our amazing vendors
Our Ideal Vendor Coordinator will have the following skills/traits:
- Experience with food events, festivals or craft fairs.
- Experience in customer service and administration.
- Demonstrated ability with Microsoft Word, Excel, Powerpoint; Google Apps and Mail including Google Calendar and Docs.
- Attention to detail and exemplary organizational skills.
- Ability to multi-task, think and react quickly and make well-educated decisions.
- High energy, outgoing “people” person.
Upon hiring an individual for this position, we can offer a free vendor spot for the festival as well as negotiable compensation. If you feel that you are highly qualified and available for the position please email a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
And the lineup is…
We are happy to finally announce the official lineup for Clark Park’s Fall Festival with Rock to the Future on September 19th!
In addition to our awesome performers, this year’s festival will have a collection of unique vendors, activities for children, and opportunities to win exciting prizes!
For more information on becoming a vendor and for festival updates, check out our Facebook event page or website.